In the last few weeks, a number of celebrities and social media influencers have been posting and sharing artistic pictures of themselves. Many of them have set such pictures as their profile photos on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other platforms. If you want to edit your photos to get the same artistic yellow look, you can do it in just a few simple steps. They are all using the Photo Lab app.
What is the Photo Lab app?
Photo Lab is a free to download app on Android and iOS. It offers more than 800 filters, effects, frames, and montages to give your photo an artistic feel. You can also make collages, share the photo with your favorite celebrity, or put yourself on the cover of a reputed magazine. Celebrities are hooked to the app. And it’s gone viral.
The app has been downloaded more than 100 million times, according to its Google Play Store listing. It’s pretty confusing to identify the developer behind the app, though. Photo Lab app’s website doesn’t mention its address or contact details. All you see on their contact page is an email address. The Google Play Store lists its developer as Linerock Investments while the iOS App Store identifies VicMan as the developer.
How to edit your photo to get the artistic yellow feel
Here’s the step-by-step guide to do it. It’s pretty simple.
- If you have an iPhone, download the app from the App Store. Android users can get it from the Google Play Store.
- Launch the app and you’ll be greeted with a feed showing you the filters to choose from. There are three sections in the feed – Trending, recent, and top.
- Tap on the ‘trending’ section to see the trending and most popular filters.
- Select the filter you like. If prompted, give the Photo Lab app access to your gallery.
- Select the photo you want to edit and click the green arrow.
- Now the app will process the image. It could take a few seconds.
- After processing, click on the three dots to save it to the gallery
Your photo will still have the “Photo Lab” watermark. The company offers a paid subscription to remove the watermark. But most people don’t buy the premium version. You can remove the watermark using the Snapseed app or crop it out in the photo editor.