Some iPhone users are reporting that their WhatsApp notifications are not showing. This can be frustrating because they’ll have to manually open the app every time to see the new messages.
This type of issue can be caused by a variety of factors, including software bugs, network connectivity problems, or incorrect settings.
Reports of WhatsApp notifications not showing on iPhone
A strange problem is occurring with some iPhone users. Their WhatsApp is not showing them notifications despite having notifications turned on for the app.
Some users have posted their concerns on Twitter and other forums.
A user posted a few weeks ago: “@WhatsApp please can you tell me why I’m not getting notifications for messages? They’re only showing up when I open the app. Everything is up to date and all notification settings are switched on. It’s rather frustrating.”
My WhatsApp alone that not longer showing the messages in the notification bar and I have to open the app?
— Carnival Connoisseur 🇬🇩🇻🇨 (@Prosperfication) January 5, 2023
Others posted similar issues. And one user said they are currently using iOS 16.2. But others with an upgraded version are also experiencing the issue.
“iOS 16.3 major notification issues across calls, WhatsApp msgs, iMail. Any idea why?,” a user reported.
Apple Support has responded to a user’s tweet. They gave a basic guide to see why the app is not responding properly.
We’d like to help. If this is only occurring with WhatsApp, you may need to partner with them later, but we’ll do all we can from here first. This resource has some steps that may be helpful, so let’s start here: https://t.co/5PWSeCJa1m
DM us to continue. https://t.co/GDrqU22YpT
— Apple Support (@AppleSupport) January 11, 2023
One user thinks the issue is caused by WhatsApp experimenting with an app update.
omg yesss, i think there’s something whatsapp is trying with a new update or smth like that
— KaeKae 🍊 (@KarolJKNNI) January 30, 2023
How to fix the issue?
However, WhatsApp has not officially acknowledged the problem yet. But here are steps you can take.
- Check if notifications are enabled for WhatsApp: Go to “Settings” > “Notifications” > “WhatsApp” and make sure that “Allow Notifications” is turned on.
- Restart your iPhone: Press and hold the Power button and then swipe to turn off the device. Wait for a few seconds and turn it on again.
- Update WhatsApp to the latest version: Go to the App Store, search for WhatsApp, and tap the “Update” button if an update is available.
- Check for a software update for your iPhone: Go to “Settings” > “General” > “Software Update” and install the latest iOS update if available.
- Uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp: Tap and hold on the WhatsApp icon until it starts to wiggle, then tap the “X” to uninstall it. Reinstall the app from the App Store.
If none of the above steps work, you may want to contact WhatsApp Support for further assistance.