Without a doubt, Apple’s AirPods Pro came with a lot of amazing features, including noise cancellation technology. With that, a lot of its users have been enjoying it since it’s released back in October 2019. However, there seem to be several complaints about the AirPods Pro having a crackling sound issue, and it started recently. Although Apple has released a couple of support articles to address the issue, it seems they’re not just enough to resolve it.
In this post, we’ll be exploring the recent AirPods Pro sound issues, and the suggestions offered by Apple so far.
Apple’s Support Documents For AirPods Pro Crackling Sound
A few days ago, Apple shared documents relating to some troubleshooting steps for the AirPods Pro Crackling Sound and Active Noise Cancellation issues. In case you are facing one of the problems, you should try out the fixes in any of the two support documents. However, if the issue persists, you might have to contact Apple Support for a replacement or repair, as the case may be.
In one of the support documents, Apple suggests that users facing the Noise Cancellation issue should try out the steps below:
- Ensure you have the latest software on your connected iOS device.
- Put both AirPods Pro in your ears and confirm that you enable the Active Noise Cancellation.
- Also, ensure you clean the mesh around the top of your AirPods Pro. That’s because earwax can also affect the effectiveness of active noise cancellation.
However, if you’re not getting the expected sound effect, you need to reach out to Apple Support.
Also, the second support article suggests a few troubleshooting steps that users can utilize to fix Apple’s AirPods Pro crackling sound issue. Here’s what the steps look like:
- Firstly, you need to be sure your connected iOS device is having the latest Apple software.
- Secondly, ensure that you place your connected device nearby, such that there’s no possible obstruction or interference.
- Lastly, check other audio apps to see if you’re experiencing the same issue.
Finally, if the problem persists, contact the Apple Support for a possible repair or replacement.
Looking at the AirPods Pro crackling sound complaints, it’s most likely the above-suggested fixes will not work for the issue. Having that in mind, I’ll suggest you reach out to the support center for a replacement. That’s because you’re still within the device’s warranty period.