The iOS jailbreak community has a good reason to rejoice. Apple has just released the iOS 13.5 for iPhone users. And the hacking group Unc0ver has released their Unc0ver 5.0.0 jailbreak tool to liberate iPhones running the latest iOS 13.5. Let’s find out how you can jailbreak iOS 13.5 on iPhone, iPad using Unc0ver 5.0.0.
According to the Unc0ver team, the new jailbreak tool is based on a zero-day kernel vulnerability discovered by renowned iOS hacker Pwn20wnd. The jailbreak works with iOS 11 and higher. The hacker group has tested it on a wide range of iOS devices running different iOS versions. They have assured the community that the security remains intact because the jailbreak uses “native system sandbox exceptions.”
The Unc0ver team added that the new jailbreak doesn’t drain your iPhone’s batter life. It also doesn’t affect the use of Apple’s services. Before this, the only other reliable jailbreak available to users was the Checkra1n tool but it was only compatible with devices up to iPhone X.
Here’s how you can jailbreak iOS 13.5 on iPhone, iPad using Unc0ver 5.0.0. Remember that it’s a semi-tethered jailbreak. You have to re-jailbreak your iPhone or iPad every time you reboot. Don’t worry. Once you’ve installed the Unc0ver app on your iPhone or iPad, re-jailbreaking is pretty easy. You don’t even have to connect your device to a PC or Mac.
Before you begin
- Make sure that Find my iPhone/iPad is turned off
- Check in Settings > Storage for any iOS 13 OTA update file. There shouldn’t be any. But if there is, delete it
- Take a full backup of all your important data in the cloud or on another device. You don’t want to lose your data if something goes wrong during the jailbreak process
Jailbreak iOS 13.5 on iPhone, iPad using Unc0ver 5.0.0
- Put your iPhone or iPad in Airplane mode then connect it to your computer
- Download and install Cydia Impactor on your PC or Mac from here
- Next, download Unc0ver 5.0.0 (or 5.0.1, which is now available) IPA file from here
- Run Cydia Impactor on your computer and then drag the Unc0ver 5.0.0 IPA file into the Cydia Impactor window
- Enter your Apple ID and password. You need an Apple Developer account for this
- On your iPhone/iPad, head over to Settings > General > Device Management and tap on your Apple ID
- Now trust the Unc0ver profile
- Go to the home screen on your iDevice, launch the Unc0ver app and tap the Jailbreak button
- The process takes a while to complete and the device will reboot several times
- When the jailbreak is complete, you’ll get the Jailbreak Completed prompt followed by the Cydia icon
That’s it. Now go enjoy all the jailbreak tools you want.