Smith stated that around 1 p.m., authorities received a report of multiple students experiencing symptoms after eating gummy bears at C. Paul Barnhart Elementary School in Charles County, Wusa9 reported Monday.
A 911 caller reported that several female students had ingested edibles. One of the victims was described as a 10-year-old female. All patients have been reported to be awake, alert, and breathing.
According to Wusa9, when crews arrived on the scene, they discovered that the children had consumed THC marijuana-laced gummies.
According to Fox 5 News, a student brought edibles to school and shared them on the playground.