Recall that Facebook promised to offer a redesign for its website and mobile apps at the F8 2019. Although its mobile apps started receiving the update almost immediately, its web has since waited for the update to come. Now, it looks like the new update, including new dark mode, has finally rolled out to the web. In this article, we’ll be looking at how you can switch to the new Facebook design. We will also look at how you can switch back to the Classic Facebook design – in case you end up not liking the new one.
What’s Special About Facebook’s New Redesigned Website?
Last week, Facebook released its new interface update for its desktop version. Now, a lot of users are getting invitations to try out the new interface. Before you consider switching, here are some of the features that come with the new design.
- The new update provides the desktop version with a look similar to that of mobile apps.
- It enables users to create new events, pages, and ads, with ease.
- It also comes with a dark mode feature, which helps to reduce eye fatigue and provide better contrast and readability.
- With the new update, you can easily locate videos, games, and groups.
In case you’re interested in switching to the new interface, here’s a step by step guide for you. Also, if you’re skeptical about it, you can also try it out. I’ll also provide you with a guide to help you change back to the Classic Facebook design in case you don’t like it.
How To Switch To The New Facebook Look / Design
To switch to the new Facebook interface, all you need is follow the few steps below:
- Go to your Facebook account, and click the down arrow at the top right corner of your home page.
- Select the “Switch to new Facebook” button.
Also, in case you want to use the dark mode feature, all you need to do is to tap on the down arrow. Then, proceed by toggling the dark mode button on.
How To Switch Back To Classic Facebook Look / Design
Without a doubt, not everybody will like the new Facebook interface. Since it’s a newly added design, you can expect that it’ll come with some issues.
In case you don’t like the new Facebook interface, here are a few steps that can help you switch back to the Classic Facebook design.
- Go to the top right corner of your page and tap on the circle where your image profile is located.
- A menu button will appear, where you can select the “Switch to classic Facebook”.
- In case you also want to disable the dark mode feature, you should check for the dark mode button and toggle it off.
After that, you might want to give some feedback to help Facebook get better with the new feature. While doing that, Facebook will request for your comment and ask you to rate its Beta update on a scale of 1 to 5. Furthermore, it’ll also ask you while you’re switching back to the classic mode by providing you with the following options:
- Too slow to load
- Missing feature
- Don’t like the look
- Difficult to learn
- Too hard to use
- Can’t find things
As soon as you submit your feedback, you’ll be able to switch back to the classic Facebook design.