Kodi 18.7 Leia, considered as the stable version of the application is out, and now available for download. Because of that, I’m sure the fans of the media software will be very excited to get their hands on the latest update.
Kodi 18.7 Updates And Fixes
The latest version of Kodi 18.7 comes with no new features. However, there are tons of bug fixes that come with it, which can help you get the best out of the software.
According to the software team, it’s using a RERO ( release early, release often) approach to Kodi. Here’s what the team posted on its official website about the newly released version:
“Our aim is to fix problems more quickly, and then get those fixes out into the wild equally as quickly. This might mean some issues escape alongside the bug fixes, but, overall, it should mean better software, sooner, and without the disruption of a major version bump.”
As listed on the website, here’s a changelog to Kodi 18.7, including for audio, playback, interface, and music.
- Fix to not reset user-set volume (Android)
- Fixes around multi-channel audio track support
- Fixes to Blu-ray subtitle language recognition
- Use JNI instead of NDK for MediaCodec (Android)
- Fix playback of bus-encrypted Blu-ray discs
- Improved library handing for plugins if media source is removed
- Further work on maximum width and height/vertical-shift (Android)
- Fixes around realtime handling of TS streams
- Fix for watch icons not showing when the content-type is not set (Estouchy)
- Navigation-fix in skin settings (Estuary)
- Fix crash in favorites dialog
- Apply safe area insets to Kodi GUI (iOS)
- Fixes around focus aftertouch action
- Improvements around dialog/toast handling
- Fixed behavior when accessing locked media sources
- Fixes around library handling of “isalbumartist” field
- Ensure album artist isn’t blanked out when scraping
- Fixes around the expansion of the ISO images to avoid GUI freezes
Also, you can check for the full Kodi 18.7 changelog in GitHub here.
Download Kodi 18.7 Leia
Kodi 18.7 Leia does not come with a new feature, just some bug fixes. So, in case you have it perfectly running under the current version, then you might not be needing this update. However, you can download the latest Kodi 18.7 Leia version directly from the official website below:
Download Kodi 18.7 Leia From Here.